Monday, February 1, 2010

First Wedding Invitations

Good Morning Everyone,

 Phew! I finally finished my first custom order wedding invitations.  The couple is going to Aruba to get married so they wanted a sun set/rise invitations. Their color is light purple so they choose Almost Amethyst for their card base.  This card was inspired from here.
 
 I made 140 of them.  Each invitation was sponged 4 different colors but I work only on one color at a time making between 15 and 20 cards front at a time.  After all the sponging were done, I stamped the plant twice on each card using my homemade stamp-a-majic.  What an awesome homemade tool!  After that I used the white gel pen to out line the plant.  When that were all done, I work on the "Aruba".  The "A" in the word "Aruba" was stamped twice using my homemade stamp-a-majic of course! 

Here is the respond card only 120 of them.  Look at the plant, I first inked the plant with Kiwi Kiss (retired - and that's the only green I am going to use for all my stamping need.  How many shade of green do you really need?),  then I took a wet paper towel and wiped off the Kiwi Kiss and colored the flowers with Orchid Opulence.  Again, I work between 15 - 20 cards at a time.


 
  

Here they are before I dropped them off yesterday.

  
Card stocks: Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Almost Amethyst, Basic Black
Ink: Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: 1/4" grosgrain ribbons, white get pen, dimensional
Phew! I was sooo glad it was over.


Thanks for stopping by.  Have a lovely Monday!

Helen

2 comments:

Patti said...

Helen, these are jaw dropping beautiful. What a lot of work. I hope they love them.

Rae said...

Hi Helen,
Love this invitation! I am so happy for you that you are finished! :) This is why I do not want the big orders! :) You did a fabulous job!